Recent Search Keywords
- Call Center - Abu Dhabi: 04 387 5667 Dubai: 04 387 5777
- Email Us: email@example.com
- For Grievance, Click
Requirement of photograph for Visa Application
Please click here to view detailed requirement of photograph for Visa
Based upon the specifications of the International Standards Organization (ISO) and ICAO, which is responsible for standardizing travel documents, please find below the most important requirements for photograph while submitting visa application.
The quality of the photograph appearing on the passport depends on the photograph that is submitted at the time of applying for a passport. The passport seekers are, therefore, advised to submit the photographs, as specified, to avoid delay in processing their Visa Applications.
- Paste only ONE COLOUR Photograph as per the specifications given below
- The photograph size should be 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm) not older than three months, no uniform, with white/light background with DARK DRESS and frontal view. White or light grey hair with Light blue background.
- Ears, forehead to chin to be completely visible.
- The photo-print should be clear and with a continuous-tone quality.
- It should have full face, front view, eyes open.
- Photo should present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin.
- Facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- The background should be a plain white.
- There should not be any distracting shadows on the face or on the background.
- Showing their full head without any head covering, unless they wear one for religious beliefs or medical reasons.
- The expression on the face should look natural.
- Not showing any 'red-eye'.
- It should have been taken within the last three month
Lighting on face and background
- The light should be even and balanced to avoid shadows on the face
- Background behind the face should be properly illuminated to Avoid shadows in the background Photograph Print Properties
- The photograph should be in size 2 inch x 2 inch (51 mm x 51 mm)
- and in color
- Print photo on thin photo paper or stock
- Ensure the print is clear and has a continuous-tone quality.
- Do not retouch or otherwise enhance or soften the photo. Resolution and Printing Quality
- High-resolution photography and printing are strongly recommended.
- Both conventional and digital photography are acceptable, and conventional or digital printing methods may be used
- Resulting print should exhibit a continuous-tone quality regardless of the print method used (dye sublimation, ink jet, Laser, etc.)
- Digitally printed photos should be produced without visible pixels Or dot patterns
- Fine facial features should be discernible.
- Be printed to a high quality, such as photos printed by a booth or studio (photographs printed at home are unlikely to be of a high enough quality)
- Be clear and in sharp focus Contrast and Color
- Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately.
- Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features.
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones.
- Fluorescent or other lighting with unbalanced color may cause unwanted color cast in the photo.
- Appropriate filters can eliminate improper color balance.
- Head should face the camera directly and should not tilt or turned (portrait style).
- Photo must show both edges of the face clearly
- The eyes must be open, level and clearly visible and must not be covered by hairs or eyeglass frames Spectacles or Eyeglasses
- Glare on eyeglasses should be avoided with a slight upward or downward tilt of the head.
- No tinted or dark glasses
- Free from reflection or glare on glasses , and frames must not cover eyes (we recommend that if possible, glasses are removed for the photo) Head coverings and head gears
- Head covering are not permitted except for religious and medical reasons.
- Facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of the face must be clearly shown.
- Head gears (e.g. Arabic head gear) which are not part of Indian culture are not allowed for passport application even if their current passport is having the same photograph. However the same can be accepted for visa application.
- Accepted head covering are for Male Sikhs, Muslim Ladies and Muslim Male Maulana's for passport photographs. This is not applicable for applicants applying for Indian Visa.
- In case of head coverings for medical reasons, relevant medical documents and approval from Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi or Consulate General of India, Dubai need to be provided along with the passport applications.
- Prospective applicants wearing white Kandora then the photograph background needs to be light blue in color ( Applicable only For applicants applying for Consulate General of India, Dubai)
- Prospective applicants wearing white Kandora then the photograph background needs to be White or half white in color ( Applicable only For applicants applying for Embassy of India, Abu Dhabi)
- There should not be any over-exposure or under-exposure which results in an unusable photo.
- There should be a three-point balanced lighting. Facial features should be clearly evident in the photo
- Lighting should be adjusted to avoid shadows on the face or background. Diffuse sources of light, such as umbrella lights, are preferable to point sources. Flexibility in Children's' photographs
- Children under ten years of age - Requirements can be somewhat relaxed in Respect of height of the face and the position of the eyes in the photographs.
- New Born Babies and Infants - The position of the face, the facial expression, the eyes and the line of sight can have some relaxation. However, a frontal photograph with clarity is required for children. It should show the child alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible), looking at the camera with a neutral expression and the mouth closed. For New Born babies Ears, forehead and chin to be completely visible. Eyes should be open. No Kajal marks on face are allowed. Do's and Don'ts for a Proper photo Do
- The photo should capture full face, front view, with eyes open.
- The head should be in the centre of the frame.
- There should be no distracting shadows on the face or background
- The photo presents full head from top of
- Hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm).
- Make sure eye height is between 1- 1/8 inches to 1-3.
- Expression of the face should be natural ( no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
- Head should be in the center of the frame and both ears should be visible. DON'Ts
- Do not paste black and white photographs
- Photograph in computer print will not be accepted
- Photograph is NOT to be signed
- Eyes must not be covered by hair.
- Photograph should not be damaged, for example: torn, creased, or marked.
- Photographs should not be edited.
Head & Eyes- Position and Background
Exposure and Lighting